Enterprise PKI (ePKI) for EU Privacy RequirementsEU Privacy Legislation provides challenges to organisations of all sizes and in all industries. ePKI helps your organisation meet data security and integrity requirements for date storage, email and electronic documents.
All organisations doing business in the European Union (EU) via the Internet should be aware of the EU's comprehensive privacy legislation that affects online transactions such as Directive 1999/93/EC of the European Parliament for secure communications. The European Commission Directive on Data Protection (EU Directive) prohibits on-line transfers of sensitive or personally identifiable data unless an adequate level of privacy protection is in place and maintained.
In particular, two aspects of the legislation may be met through GlobalSign solutions:
Security. Organisations are required to take reasonable precautions to protect personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Data integrity. Organisations must take reasonable steps to ensure that data collected is accurate, complete, current and reliable for its intended use.
Secure Email, Document Signing & Online Authentication
ePKI can issue two GlobalSign Digital ID types – PersonalSign and DocumentSign.
PersonalSign Digitals IDs allow users to secure email and authenticate users to networks, produce instantly validated Microsoft Office Suite Documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
DocumentSign Digital IDs add Approval & Certified Digital Signatures to Adobe PDF documents to allow fast creation of instantly validated and time-stamped electronic documents.
Learn more about ePKI for your specific business need:
- Immediate issuance of Digital IDs across the enterprise or across multiple departments, including free setup for multiple business unit/department profiles
- Administrator initiated user registration for known applicants & Public Ordering Page for "open enrolment"
- LDIF (LDAP Data Interchange Format) for Digital ID file export to directories
- Transparent trust from the widely distributed trusted GlobalSign Root Certificate in all Windows, Apple & Adobe applications - view full compatibility
- Shared issuing Certificate Authority for easy and fast set-up
- Full reporting for easy planning and status checking of organisation-wide requests
- Email template customisation allowing tailored message to your end users
- Integration into the GlobalSign Certificate Center (GCC) web portal allowing for one-stop Certificate shopping (full access to SSL & Code Signing Certificates)
Receive immediate discounts over multiple retail purchases and gain a faster ROI than using a competing platform. There are no hidden costs and you only pay for the Certificates you issue. Contact us to get a Custom Quote.
- Example Organisation setup with ePKI
Why Choose GlobalSign?
- Some of the biggest global brands and many Governments choose GlobalSign
- We’re easy to do business with. We answer the phone. We listen to you and support your needs
- We operate multi-lingual Technical Support offices around the world
- We offer optional 24/7/365 Premier Support levels
- We have been WebTrust for Certification Authorities compliant since 2002 and operating a trusted PKI network for since 1996